As the Fleet Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing maintenance, fleet acquisitions, and the fuel program to ensure the efficient and safe operation of their vehicle fleet. Your role will play a pivotal part in maintaining the quality and functionality of our vehicles, optimizing fleet resources, and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Develop and execute a preventive maintenance program for all company vehicles and equipment.
- Prioritize and coordinate repair and maintenance work to minimize downtime and ensure vehicles and equipment are in top working condition.
- Manage external service providers and technicians to ensure high-quality repairs and adherence to maintenance schedules.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records and documentation.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to assess fleet needs and make informed recommendations for new vehicle acquisitions.
- Research and evaluate potential vehicle and equipment suppliers, negotiate contracts, and make cost-effective purchase decisions.
- Oversee the acquisition process, including vehicle inspections, licensing, and registrations.
- Optimize the company's fuel program by monitoring fuel consumption, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and implementing fuel-efficient practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with fuel suppliers to secure competitive pricing and reliable fuel sources.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a Fleet Manager or in a similar role overseeing maintenance, acquisitions, and fuel programs.
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance principles and practices.
- Familiarity with fleet management software and tools for tracking maintenance schedules, fuel usage, and expenses.
- Excellent negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.