Engineering & Technical•
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering on-time and on-budget construction projects throughout Manitoba. The PM will manage specific projects from concept to commissioning including scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality, and resources. This will include working with internal Business Development teams, Planning and Engineering, and field construction of civil with both internal and 3rd party contractors. The PM will maintain/deliver all reporting requirements concerning project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to work closely with external and internal teams to drive project objectives and tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated a high level of professionalism.
- Negotiation skills for communicating with contractors.
- Ability to multitask efficiently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and meet short deadlines.
- Understand the importance of production metrics and KPIs.
- High level of organization.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate as a team player and work independently.
- Demonstrable experience in infrastructure construction project management.
- Technical post-secondary education in a construction-related field.
- Experience in project management of both 3rd party and internal resources.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a wide geography.
- Experience in utilizing various construction management software platforms.
- Experience providing monthly reporting on costs/timelines vs. plans while forecasting as required.
- Experience in Microsoft Projects is an asset.
- Ability to read civil infrastructure drawings.
- Previous work experience in communicating with contractors.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required.
- ArcGIS software experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office is required.
- Conduct site visits to meet contractors and internal production teams as required to ensure project performance is met.
- Ability to work on internal systems to ensure reporting and deliverables are being met.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.