Accounting & Finance•
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including defined benefit pension plan
- Work/life balance
- A complex and interesting business model
- Preparing monthly financial statements including detailed working papers, commentary and meaningful variance analysis.
- Playing a key role in the annual financial statement process including preparation of the external financial statements, assisting with MD&A and annual report.
- liaising with external auditors and providing information required in the annual audit.
- Providing technical leadership on IFRS accounting issues including making recommendations on accounting treatment as well as process changes and documentation required to implement new standards.
- Reviewing accounting treatment on capital projects.
- Attending monthly meetings with management to discuss financial statements.
- Supporting budget and forecast updates to financial statements.
- Participating in various projects as required.
- University degree in Business or similar.
- Professional accounting designation.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot table, v-lookup, sumif).
- Experience with Power BI and/or a desire to learn it.
- Effective communication skills - both written and verbal to both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service mindset.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.