Engineering & Technical•
The Production Manager will manage the daily operations of the plant production, ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
Responsible for supporting and developing processes that maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
The Production Manager will deliver high-quality food products on time with a commitment to safety, using all resources efficiently to improve productivity at all levels. Safely lead the production department to achieve the highest productivity at all stages of the operation.
- Manage and execute the day-to-day production activities to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increase production efficiency, asset capacity, and flexibility.
- Maintaining the highest level of safety, quality, HACCP, GMP & and cost containment.
- Responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time performance by allocating resources effectively and fully utilizing assets to produce optimal results.
- Monitor Production and trigger corrective actions where necessary.
- Share a trusting relationship with Human Resources to recruit, manage, and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data, and develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Committed and accountable for health and safety in the production plant
- Ensures production is operated and maintained in compliance with Provincial and local environmental health and safety laws.
- Drive and support Health and safety initiatives with the Joint Health & Safety Committee & and HR.
- Manage production labor to increase efficiency and meet (KPI).
- Lead continuous improvement for cost reduction and process improvements.
- Assist with production and inventory forecasting to optimize yield and profitability.
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure better productivity and development.
- Encourage interdepartmental communication and collaboration.
- Ensure procedures are in place for all manufacturing activities.
- Development and implementation of production systems.
- Manage and direct all production and training activities in the department.
- Establishes strong working relations with other functional managers.
- Ensure company policies are adhered to and safe work habits are followed by all.
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Manage the development, motivation & and training of direct reports to maximize performance.
- Set performance goals for all direct reports, providing regular feedback.
- Administer discipline in a fair, consistent manner to address & and correct substandard performance.
- Promote and drive operational efficiency & and performance with the team.
- Must have a Minimum of 5 years in high volume, GMP-regulated manufacturing experience.
- Experience working in the Bakery Industry with ovens in a food manufacturing facility is highly preferred.
- Degree in engineering, business administration, and/or diploma in food processing or equivalent.
- Proven managerial experience, and ability to promote accountability.
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, and result-driven.
- Ability to lead a team and manage projects to successful completion.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.