British Columbia, British Columbia•
Engineering & Technical•
- Experience with installation of fiberglass, PVC, concrete, and ductile pipe in sizes larger than 48”. Includes manholes, service connections, creek crossings, paving, concrete work, ground dewatering, and sewer bypass.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently run and manage several crews totaling 25 plus men in addition to subcontractors.
- Must have a proven track record that can be verified by past employers of bringing projects in safely, under budget, and ahead of schedule.
- Must have had safety training in excavation and confined space as well as knowledge in hazmat and bypass pumping safety.
- Working in all ground conditions - rock, sand, clay, water, dirt.
- Experience in all types of excavation styles/protective systems: benching, sloping, trench boxes, hydraulic shores, sheet piling, liner plate, etc.
- Experience installing manholes.
- Experience working in permit confined spaces, pipe cleaning and testing and live sewer line connections and bypass system pumping operations.
- Experience installing and maintaining dewatering systems - sump pumping in the ditch, deep well system, well point/vacuum system.
- Manage multiple crews and ensure they are doing quality and efficient work correctly, one time. There will be a mainline pipe crew running and installing at depths up to 30' deep, a backfill and manhole crew working behind them, and a concrete/cleanup/testing crew working behind them.
- Must be able to deal with different people and personalities and work well with all the men on the crew and keep drama and personal issues with men off the job.
- Read and write and be able to interpret plans and specifications.
- Communicate with owners, inspectors, and city workers.
- Fill out all daily paperwork, document daily productions, and material delivery, conduct and document weekly safety meetings, maintain and document all safety and equipment maintenance paperwork and accident/damage paperwork.
- Be able to report to the project manager as needed with project updates and able to communicate with PM when something is needed in the field or has a problem.
- Must be able to order all field material - fuel, pipe, manholes, supply house orders, trucking, bedding, etc.
- Must be able to schedule your subcontractor work if needed.
- Must be able to manage production and keep projects on schedule in the field and make necessary personnel cuts or suggest personnel hires if we are too light or too heavy on people or if the schedule isn't being met.
- Must be a hands-on worker and be able to lead the men by example on the ground and in the ditch if needed, this is NOT a truck superintendent position.
- Call in utility locates, material and compaction testing, and survey when needed.
- Manage pipe and manhole testing when needed.
- Maintain a daily production log and daily time sheets.
- Keep a clean set of updated records / as-built drawings up to date every day.
- 5 + years of construction supervisor experience.
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state, local, and company regulations and environmental regulations.
- Must be familiar with Federal OSHA regulations, especially involving construction and EPA regulations and marine experience.
- Must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the duties outlined above.
- Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines Knowledge of building material costs and wages.
- Ability to lead, coach, and train direct reports in a positive productive manner.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for the building.
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills Ability to read, speak and write English is required.
- Post-offer drug screen required.
- A construction management degree or some college is preferred.
- 10 + Years experience as a Superintendent in a related field.
- OSHA Certified, CPR, and Basic First AID Certified.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.