Accounting & Finance•
Reporting directly to the Owner, the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Meeting with clients to gain an understanding of their accounting and tax needs.
- Assisting with the oversight of a team of bookkeepers and tax preparers.
- Preparing/reviewing T1, T2 and GST returns.
- Preparing/reviewing financial statement compilations.
- Working with clients to better understand their business - financial results, cash flow projections, capital purchases, etc.
- Assisting with business development, both new clients and expanding business with existing clients.
- Professional accounting designation.
- 4+ years of public practice experience.
- Good knowledge of tax in the small business environment – personal, corporate, and indirect taxes.
- Client-focused and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Motivational supervisor.
- Good Excel skills.
- Knowledge of any of the following software is an asset - CaseWare, Sage 50, QuickBooks, Zero, Profile, and iFirm.
This is an in-office role with multiple locations so some travel within Edmonton is required.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.