Accounting & Finance•
Join a top employer and advance your career. Aplin has partnered with a growing heavy civil construction company based in Burlington, Ontario to hire a Financial Controller. This is a permanent fulltime role where the Controller will be responsible for all accounting-related activities including cash flow, operating budgets, financial reporting, payroll, and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with financial law and regulations
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, reporting systems and controls
- Review financial reports for discrepancies
- Management of all financial department staff including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, temporary employees as well as auditors
- Implement financial strategies and systems to ensure the prevention of errors in calculations and data collection
- Collaborate with external stakeholders and services such as, banks, auditing services, accountants and other agencies as needed
- Responsible for the preparation of annual budgets and establishing schedules for collecting and analyzing financial data while providing recommendations as necessary
- Optimize return on financial assets
- Review and examine all financial plans and budgets to identify improvement with efficiencies as well as opportunities for reducing cost
- Review and prepare bank reconciliations
- Provide recommendations and suggestions for improvement as well as updates for accounting systems, invoicing and payroll
- Responsible for tracking transactions and managing cash flow
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages, identifying results, trends, forecasts and variances.
- Work closely with management to share reports and analysis findings
- Provide support to project cost control as required
- Manage and promote a positive employee life cycle for a team of accounting and finance personnel
- Recruit and mentor associates with varied skill levels
- Follow up performances, tracking and establishing corrective measures as necessary
- Previous experience within heavy civil, manufacturing, construction or unionized environment would be preferred.
- 5 plus years of progressive accounting experience and CPA designated is mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with EVM reporting and JONAS software preferred
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.