British Columbia, British Columbia•
Engineering & Technical•
The position is located in Athabasca, Alberta and relocation assistance will be provided.
Perks & Benefits:
- A compressed work week (Monday–Thursday).
- A competitive annual salary, including a paid pension and matching RRSP program.
- Four weeks of annual vacation (increasing with service).
- Company-paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
- A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Maintenance of the Control system hardware, operating system, and communications.
- Design, programming, and maintenance of regulatory control loops. Need to have an understanding of process control strategies and key concepts.
- Design and maintenance of operator HMI graphics.
- Understanding of security and operational safety, including control of system user access.
- Administration of Process Control System/Network (e.g. System Backups, User Access, Network Switch Configuration, Network layout; design, and maintenance, System Maintenance; Patch and Virus administration, etc.).
- Liaises closely with others involved in different aspects of the systems including instrumentation, electrical, shift E/I, technical, engineering, production, and external IT suppliers.
- Instrument Technologist with a Journeyman Instrument ticket OR a registered Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with controls experience.
- 3-5 years of previous Process Controls System experience or equivalent training.
- Controls design and implementation (Honeywell Experion experience preferred).
- Knowledge and skill set pertaining to Process Control Networks: Best Practices, Infrastructure, and Security will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical specifications, functional specifications, and schematics.
- Self-motivated and self-directed. Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments.
- Strong Computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working within a Pulp Mill and/or Industrial plant is considered an asset.
- Journeyman Electrical ticket considered an asset.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license (GDL removed with acceptable driving history).
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport, and able to travel for training and other position-specific requirements.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.