Engineering & Technical•
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salaries, vacation time, and 4 personal days.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- "Summer Fridays" during July and August; all sites and offices close early.
- Performance and recognition programs, annual salary reviews, and bonus opportunities.
- A comprehensive health and benefits plan available from the first day of employment provided by Manulife - i.e., $750 per paramedical annual coverage limit.
- Access to Manulife Vitality Group Benefits.
- Employer RRSP matching up to 4% annually (max $4,000).
- Professional Development program.
- On-demand courses for Professional Development are available on the company platform.
- Tender call and review of Sub-Contractor/ Supplier quotes and awards.
- Maintain Sub-Contractor/Supplier relations through networking, attending construction association events, etc.
- Follow up with invited Sub-Contractors/Suppliers to confirm their intentions to quote.
- Process, handle, and distribute various documents, drawings, and Tender Packages as required by the team.
- Maintain unit price and productivity knowledge and database.
- Prepare accurate and complete estimates.
- Take part in Project Team meetings.
- Participate in company initiatives and Career Progression plan to further personal growth and knowledge base.
- Attending training courses as required by the manager.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Lead or assist in tender closings.
- Post Secondary Construction education (P. Eng / CET, or equivalent).
- 6 months to 2 years of operations experience.
- 8+ years of Estimating experience.
- Exposure or understanding of principles of lean thinking.
- Experience with continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and tasks concurrently.
- Expert knowledge of Estimating software (In Eight) and the ability to operate and understand the information attained.
- Manage deadlines for completion of assigned tasks.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and lead in a team environment.
- Adapt to changing job requirements and direction from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of scheduling software (MS Project, P6) and ability to build accurate schedules.
- Ability to perform accurate quantity takeoffs both manually and electronically.
- Communicate professionally through verbal and written methods.
- Identify building materials and possible design alternatives for cost reduction or time savings.
- Develop Sub-Contractor work scopes for tendering.
- Identify bonding and insurance requirements.
- Understand the client’s requirements and incorporate requirements into the costing.
- Ability to visualize end products with minimal project information.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.