- Assisting the lawyer with drafting and preparing various legal documents such as pleadings, motions, affidavits, and financial disclosures.
- Arranging court document filings, maintaining client/matter pleadings and disclosure binders,
- Diarizing court dates and appointments, scheduling meetings, and organizing client files in both paper and electronic forms.
- Coordinate the production, filing, and return of documents between the law firm, courts, clients, and other lawyers.
- Prepare trial exhibits, organize trial binders, and provide support.
- Other tasks
- A solid understanding of family law principles, court procedures, and relevant Alberta legislation.
- A Legal Assistant Diploma or equivalent education and work-related experience.
- Attention to detail and timely completion of tasks are essential,
- A client-centered approach and commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills, as it involves working in a high-volume environment with competing and changing demands.
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned and anticipated tasks, possess superior communication skills, and be able to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.