The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, assessing and implementing user needs and process improvements.
This role is hybrid and open to candidates in the Winnipeg area.
- Liaise with internal departments, business representatives, vendors and other professionals to analyze the business needs of users and stakeholders to identify business problems
- Assist the team to translate business requirements to business models and solutions
- Collaborate with the team to identify opportunities for improving processes, communications and operating efficiencies for clients and internal company operations
- Evaluate opportunities for process re-design based on best practices and work with team to propose solutions
- Liaise with technical staff on the development and actualization of the requirements
- Review, investigate and assess incoming support tickets
- Identify at a high-level how systems will talk to each other and what may be the interactions between them
- Using best practices, facilitate research, planning, costing and implementation of business solutions to provide technical expertise and leadership in the assessment and development of software applications
- Provide support for the team to coordinate project kickoff, project pilot tests, user acceptance testing (UAT), training and launch including writing and performing test cases, quality assurance
- Provide support to prepare various reports: project status reports, risk reports, vendor research reports and other project-related reports
- Proactively identify project risks that may impact the team’s ability to deliver on time and budget. Track, document and produce project change requests
- Support in the estimation of project effort, costs and timelines
- Provide consulting and technical support services on project implementation
- Produce understandable documentation such as requirements, solution overviews, wireframes, solution designs, process maps, flow charts and other project documentation
A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science or any other related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a business analyst role with at least 3 years of experience in an advisory role with business sectors with a view to aligning business needs - IT solutions
- .NET custom software experience
- Mastery of business process documentation techniques
- Skills in group facilitation, acting as a meeting facilitator, brainstorming techniques, etc
- Naturally curious, with demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills; ability to organize and represent concepts verbally, visually and in written form
- Demonstrated knowledge of technologies, systems and infrastructures with an understanding of their possibilities and their limits
- Ability to maintain business relationships and effective networking
- Ability to produce feasibility studies, impact analysis, level of effort and deployment etc
- Excellent sense of customer service
- Communicate and collaborate with staff, being mindful of individual differences, in an atmosphere of respect and trust
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.