Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Forward-thinking organization with a focus on sustainability
- Agile team unhindered by excessive bureaucratic procedures
- Priority on providing a safer, cleaner work environment
- Growing organization with additional projects and opportunities on the horizon
- Manage building trade contractors (safety, production, and costs) from detailed engineering through final commissioning
- Drive a culture of zero harm at the project site and with personnel, with an uncompromising commitment to health, safety, and the environment. This can be accomplished through planning, procedures, training, and continuous improvement to ensure a safe work environment.
- Attract and retain the appropriately skilled staff to complete a successful project
- Lead an on-site team of engineers, supervisors, and technical support personnel in completing the assigned scope within the committed timelines and budget
- Develop and manage a project management plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project.
- Participate in the preparation, evaluation, recommendation, and award of contracts, including the preparation of scopes of work, requests for proposals, schedules, cost estimates, and qualified bidder lists
- Provide reporting updates on project activities, project scope changes, cost performance, schedule compliance, forecasts, etc., and make recommendations with regards to engineering, maintenance, commercial, estimating, purchasing, and human resources issues to ensure project objectives are properly bid and executed
- Organize and conduct meetings with project staff, internal and external stakeholders, and management to communicate information related to each function’s needs concerning project requirements.
- Identifies critical path issues and ensures plans are in place to meet key schedules and deliverables
- Manage and coordinate contractor resources and ensure permits, contractor inductions, and safe work plans are in place before work commences
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, including owner’s schedules, project charters, organization charts, project reports, and project readiness assessments
- Ensure project files are handled and stored in accordance with document control procedures, files are archived accordingly, and the project is closed out
- Closely collaborate with the Operational Readiness Lead to ensure an efficient transition into operating status.
- Unwavering dedication to protecting health, safety, and the environment
- Proven ability to achieve construction deadlines
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Engineering or Business
- 5+ years’ experience as a project coordinator or project manager in the mining or heavy civil industry
- PMP designation is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in the construction of an underground mine and/or processing facility
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage performance with a fluctuating workload
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies and work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a high-volume environment
- Ability to understand engineered design prints and be able to execute in the field
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.