Engineering & Technical•
This is a permanent, full-time hybrid opportunity available to candidates in the Ottawa area, with approximately three days in the office. Our client is also willing to set up a successful candidate in Nova Scotia in a fully remote opportunity.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive benefit program
- Competitive Salary
- high-energy, team-focused environment
- Hybrid work arrangements with discussion of flexibility for in-office work days
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- business casual work environment, with casual Fridays
- A slick company jacket that will definitely make you the envy of your friends
- Support decision-making for maintenance, obsolescence, and vessel sustainment activities.
- Provide project management tools and practices for large, complex initiatives, including planning phases, monitoring progress, and performance monitoring to ensure milestones are met. You will implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved (customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance) to optimise budget and schedule performance.
- You will interact frequently with clients, both internal and external, and require strong communication skills, both in writing and orally, as well as exceptional organizational skills. You will have continuous communications with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Provide engineering, technical, and maintenance support to various clients. This includes analyzing engineering changes for naval ships, systems, and equipment, including structures, materials, welding, paint and preservation, shock and vibration, damage control systems, and piping systems.
- You will conduct technical investigations and engineering studies, review and update technical documentation for naval systems and equipment, as well as create and manage technical publications.
- Education Preferred: P01 Maintenance Manager, OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in naval ship discipline
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.