- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments; removing impediments to their work; and leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a project management process and champion on-going process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team Building – promote empowerment of the team, ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; and encouraging a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- PMP and experience working with Scrum/Kanban or other Agile methodologies. Working towards or achieved PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent is an asset
- A degree in computer science or business administration (or a combination of education and experience)
- Solid knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- Experience managing both business and technical projects
- Experience working as a Scrum Master
- Proven track record of successfully implementing medium to large sized projects using both Agile and traditional methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaboration, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Experience in Design training
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- A project management professional, responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality, that provides exceptional business value to users. The Project Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent, high visibility projects, using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions
- The Project Manager will play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level - leading and managing medium to large complexity projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
- At a team level - playing a consultative role to help establish the appropriate people, process, tools, and coaching needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach - using good judgement and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- In some cases, the Project Manager may also be required to be the Scrum Master
- In performing these roles, the Project Manager will be expected to use knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles with Agile practices in the right proportions, to provide the appropriate level of planning and predictability with the right balance of flexibility and agility
- Agile Experience and SAP Project Experience is an asset in this role
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.