The position is open remote to candidates in Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Vancouver.
- Support development of formal documentation within a multidisciplinary (Systems, Digital, RF) team environment
- Collaborate within a team to specify, design, code, test and maintain embedded flight software using the development tool suite
- Support flight code integration and testing within flight units
- Troubleshoot bugs and issues in the lab
- Support software process automation
- Electrical or Computer Engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of embedded software development experience
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Programming in C, C++, Python
- Experience working in a scrum-agile team
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Very good communication and collaboration skills
- Security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CCSDS, MIL-STD-1553
- Knowledge of protocols such as CAN bus and SpaceWire
- Experience with Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with VectorCast
- Experience in formal software development (requirements, design, test)
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.