- Provides leadership and guidance to the direct reports by communicating the corporate objectives; fosters an environment that motivates the team; and provides the necessary supports for individual and team success.
- Reviews IT Operations requirements to identify solutions and make recommendations to the Director relating to the prioritization of new projects and services.
- Participates in the section business planning process developing budget estimates. Implements IT business plans reflective of lifecycle replacement principles, and technological developments, to maintain network services with minimal or no unplanned downtime.
- Participates in the development of Policies, Instructions and Procedures for the team.
- Manages the individual performance of staff; manages schedules, authorizes time off and annual leave; resolves issues between staff including the application of disciplinary action; recognizes employee contributions; creates learning opportunities consistent with employee and corporate objectives; identifies training requirements; mentors and guides staff to ensure transfer of knowledge and expertise; and develops and implements plans to maximize employee performance.
- Oversee the IT operations and Cyber security of all company’s cloud and SaaS (Software-As-A-Service) applications.
- Interacts with vendors on a regular basis regarding Cloud and SaaS services, hardware, software, and services offerings for purposes of recommending solutions to maintain company’s network, office, and end-user devices.
- Develops, implements, and maintains effective IM/IT procedures for backup, contingency or business continuity, and disaster recovery purposes.
- Monitors IT services (Infrastructure and Cloud/SaaS services) for availability, and cyber security during off-hours and performs off-hour maintenance as needed.
- Manages, tracks, and monitors the IT Helpdesk and IT Assets and ensures problem tickets are brought to successful resolution.
- Manage the onboarding, and offboarding, of all company staff including assets management.
- Be point of escalation for all IT operations and facilities requests and incidents.
- Develops and maintains an updated list of all company’s electronic devices.
- Maintains and monitors compliance with all company IT Security Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains the Cyber security controls in compliance with the corporation’s cyber security framework.
- Reports on cyber security and IT controls to the Director of IMIT, and to company’s management.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent acceptable combination of education, training, and/ or related work experience.
- Proficiency in both official languages is imperative C-B-C.C
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience managing a small IT team.
- Minimum 5 years of IT Help Desk methodologies and processes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Microsoft 365 platform.
- Minimum 3 years working with Cloud services and SaaS applications.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the IT and Cyber security operations.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as IT project lead.
- Minimum 2 years Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention systems.
- Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
- Minimum 3 years managing IT Business Continuity Planning including Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.