The successful candidate will be required to work a hybrid work model out of their Ottawa office.
- Perform requirement Analysis; Gather, Combine and Analyze functional and technical requirements. Recommend appropriate technological designs and solutions that align with customer requirements, the company’s technical strategy and which provides the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Perform design of Infrastructure for High Availability Systems and assess and demonstrate that the Infrastructure meets required performance criteria and cyber accreditation (Including: Operating Environment, Network, Processing, Storage, Interfaces, Guards, data and network security, storage architecture, middleware, processing usage, system configuration and management, technical performance measurements and optimization, etc.).
- Perform design integration for complex, cross-domains systems (Multiple Independent Level of Security) and lead technical design in coordination with Subject Matter Experts.
- Perform network design and implementation (topology, cyber settings, automated health monitoring, etc.) for data and congregated communication infrastructure utilizing mainstream network equipment such as CISCO.
- Oversee technical analysis and advise modification to the design, HW components and SW as per performance, constraints, and cost efficiency.
- Lead and monitor the delivery of specialized Infrastructure (Operation Systems, Training system, Test Environments, etc.) along with the analysis of requirements, internal proposals, and tool selection with proper implementation per the stakeholders’ guidelines.
- Survey of the technologies in the marketplace, the trends in the industry and technology selection, including trade-off studies and prototype demonstrations. Define technology criteria selection based on required performance and conduct trade-off analysis
- Documentation, including system grooming procedures and lessons learned
- Produce a system technology demonstrator including full architecture, HW and Operating Environment (full functional system as a proof of concept)
- Identify the need for specialised staff and lead a group of technical experts (Network, Data storage, cyber, environmental, etc.)
- Possesses a bachelor’s in engineering or related area of study
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in system architecture (network topology, cyber settings, automated health monitoring, Operating Environment, etc.)
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment
- Eligible for Secret Security Clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience with Data center infrastructure management (DCIM)
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) capabilities
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cloud technology
- Experience with load balancing and unified communications
- Network engineering experience
- Expertise in data centers infrastructure hardware such as Nexus, Fabric Extenders, F5 ADCs, UCS chassis, and UCS Fabric Interconnects
- As desirable, familiarity with Operating Environment (such as Linux, VMware technologies (vSphere, Horizon), Docker, OpenStack and Storage Technology)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.