The HR Generalist will help oversee or provide guidance on all aspects of Human Resources within the organization. This includes attendance, payroll, discipline, performance management, recruitment, onboarding, terminations, benefits, leaves of absence, policy review and implementation, and employee relations.
Perks & Benefits:
- Compensation: $65-$70k base
- Manage the recruiting process from start to finish by creating job postings, conducting phone pre-screens, arranging interviews, and conducting background and reference checks
- Assist in onboarding of new hires
- Create and maintain employee files and documents
- Update systems as required, including processing onboarding documents, terminations, updating employee information, etc.
- Answer management and employee questions regarding HR policies, procedures, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Manage employee disability leaves (work-related and non-work related) from start to finish including filing claim documents and coordinating return to work and accommodation processes, if needed
- Provide guidance and coaching to management on a variety of HR-related topics
- Assist management with employee relations issues including helping prepare and monitor performance improvement plans, disciplinary communications, and other related items as required
- Participate in a variety of departmental and company initiatives and projects as required (e.g., participation on committees, assisting with company functions, internal procedure auditing, etc.)
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- College diploma in Human Resources or equivalent on-the-job experience
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources or related role
- Excellent attention to detail; able to review the information and accurately enter into applicable software programs
- Self-motivated team player who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective at multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments
- Strong working knowledge of standard computer programs (e.g., MS Office, internet, email, etc.), as well as Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization
- Good judgement skills; able to review information and question or escalate as needed
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.