Engineering & Technical•
The General Manager is a key position within the organization and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our clients retail operation in an environment that is both challenging and highly rewarding. The main purpose of the position is to drive sales, profitability and customer service through instilling company values and developing the business through gaining a solid understanding of the local market and broadening community involvement.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees to the various functions
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Leads the store team through coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Identifies customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and current customers and community members.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services
- Responsible to promptly & accurately record/count inventories received by air cargo and sealift
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion and display plans
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and HR policies and procedures
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Some travel may be required
- Post secondary education in industry-related field
- 5+ years of experience in a retail environment
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated service orientation
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to train and motivate staff
- Experience in monitoring and assessing staff performance
- Good computer literacy and skilled in Microsoft Office
- Highly effective teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy
- Able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Good understanding of applicable legislation such as heath & safety, employment laws, etc.
- Must be professional, responsive and possess a positive work attitude and demeanor
Excellent pay, vacation allotment (8-10 weeks off) and benefits with flight passes being offered.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.