Supply Chain & Operations•
The Production Manager role oversees the transforming resources into finished goods. This includes the planning, production and quality activities necessary to achieve this goal as well as provides leadership and support to the inventory department.
Perks & Benefits:
- Excellent compensation and benefits plan
- Oversee daily production activities: manage production flow by determining manpower, equipment, floorspace and other requirements or constraints. Create target times for the production floor based on understanding of planning and sequencing of manufacturing activities
- Review with the Director, Manufacturing on the current status of production and suggest possible improvements to assist in on time delivery
- Attend production meeting and work closely with sales to ensure demanded volumes are met, downtime is limited and follow up with any problems that may occur.
- Ensure work is completed in compliance with QA standards as well as organizational safe work policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Analyze the existing operational organization, including health and safety, existing procedures, and processes, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to streamline operations to increase output, reduce waste, and lower costs. Lead corrective action teams for continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide leadership to supervisors and managers; ensure continued learning and career growth for supervisors and providing direction for them to develop their teams
- Ensure all training and cross training requirements are met and training manuals are update to date
- Responsible for inventory management including full inventory counts, cycle counts, keeping an organized yard and stock rotation.
- Review any issues with the maintenance/mechanic that may be preventing production from flowing smoothly
- Participate in quarterly safety meetings and remain actively involved in weekly production meetings to ensure a clean and safe site is maintained
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 5+ years of progressive experience in a leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility
- Prior experience in process improvement programs is beneficial (i.e: lean manufacturing/5-S)
- Knowledgeable in Inventory Management
- Effective, proven people leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to direct and motivate large teams, while being able to foster positive relationships across the organization
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Effective and efficient verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and EPR
- Capacity to meet and communicate in a professional manner with internal and external parties
- Proven commitment to the promotion of a safe environment and General Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.